Thursday

Pick Your Own

This past weekend we spotted our landlord plucking apples off of his apple trees so we thought, what the hey, we must be invited right? We walked over and joined him. I couldn't believe how many apples those two trees produced! I'm talkin' a lot. We walked home with two bags full. There's just something about knowing that you plucked your apple from a tree - the actual tree it grew on, that makes eating that apple that. much. more. satisfying.

It was always a tradition in my family to pick our own pumpkins and cut our own Christmas trees. I have great memories of doing those two things with my family and want to continue the tradition with my own family. I have had several people ask about local farms so I wanted to share a website that I found called PickYourOwn.org. It's a pretty basic site and sometimes hard to follow but stick with me - it's worth it. It lists your local pick-your-own farms, from berries to Christmas trees. If you know of any that aren't listed on the site, you can add it - come on, share the wealth.

Pluck away!!

And, just for fun (to be read Yus-for-fun),
here is a picture Joe took at the pumpkin patch
(because what would a blog post be without a picture?)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome picture Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every blog post needs a picture!

    I LOVE having a garden and eating off of it. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete