Tuesday

Deep Thoughts on a Morning Walk

Every morning I take Norah and Mr.Owen on a walk. Since it's getting colder, the walks are getting shorter. Regardless, I think we all enjoy the fresh morning air. This morning I realized most days I probably spend 75% of my day talking to my one year old. Thus, I have "big people" conversations in my head (you do it too, come on). Here is my random-thought-discussion with myself this morning.

"I'm not a cat person.
Or am I a pseudo-cat-hater who really loves them?"
(As a cuddly, soft, loving kitty trots up to Norah and I).

"Seriously?"
(As Mr.Owen gets into his squat position
to take his second #2 of the walk).

"I never knew a dog could produce so much feces."
(As I unroll my second 'doggie bag' and pick it up).

"Maybe I am a cat person considering I have to walk all the way home carrying two giant sacks of feces that wreak.. big time. Outdoor cats simply leave their dainty mess outside and that's that."
(As I indeed walk the whole way home carrying two sacks of feces, thinking it would be really cruel to drop them in a neighbor's trash can, especially since we're all the the same Ward. Darn).

"She definitely doesn't have kids."
(As I half-wave a "Hi" to a woman wearing a perfectly pressed,
crisp white shirt).

"Owen is a lot more well behaved and overall happier after he goes #2.
I think that's the case for all of us."

OK, so maybe they aren't so deep.


To attempt to make this post less awkward
I present to you without further ado:

THIS DAY IN BROWN HISTORY: 10.20.08
We were drooling over this bald-blue-eyed-beauty.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha...Lauren, you are funny! I think my favorite is, "She definitely doesn't have kids." :) Awww, and baby Norah is ONE!! WOW! Okay, she is like one of the only babies where she looks exactly the same as she did when she was born. SO sweet! Kaden has changed so much he looks like a completely different baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha! you're awesome.
    is norah feeling better? we've missed you guys!

    ReplyDelete