Wednesday

It Only Took Me 4 Years...

to figure out what to get my degree in.
obtaining it or not was never an option - it was just a matter of what.
in the past 4 years, folks, i applied (and was accepted) to 7 universities.
i earned just over 100 credits.
i jumped around between 6 majors.
my problem was that i liked everything, really.
well, i made up my mind.
in january i will be taking classes towards my degree
in communicative disorders and deaf education, through usu.
eventually i will pursue a master's in speech pathology.
no matter how long it takes me or how many distractions i may face -
i'm doing it.
i am so excited.
i'm so grateful for technology
that allows me to take my sign language classes via webcam.
and the best part is that i can listen to my lectures
while crocheting on my couch.

hallelujah.

here is a picture of me and my most favorite college roommate
(second to my husband, that is :)
during my second semester of college.

6 comments:

  1. Lindsay Williams3:16 PM

    Way to be Lauren! Good luck in overcoming any obstacles that may arise. I know you'll be awesome no matter what. Kudos to you for figuring out what you want to study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on learning late in life what you want to go into. I didn't realize until much too late that I would have really enjoyed nursing. Oh well i figure maybe I can go back to school when I am 50 and the kids are all out of the house. haha. Good luck chicky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome news! and such a great major. I had a hard time narrowing mine down, and still I think back and wish I could have done 2 or 3 more. speech pathology is one I would have liked to do. Very very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should talk to Luke about that. He's doing linguistics and psychology right now and is applying to grad school for speech pathology! He loves it and has a volunteer internship at a hospital in that field. Congrats on figuring out what you love to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:43 AM

    that's awesome! i know how hard it can be to pick and feel good about what you've decided to do. i went to 4 colleges myself! and now, with my masters, am totally changing my whole career path. SO.. i'm happy you found what you want to do too.

    p.s. your baby is adorable by the way. great halloween pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh MY SWEET!! You are the best! Thank you for being a GREAT roomie too! I miss you and will have to see you in Utah if you'll have me! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete