Monday

The Best Birthday

I don't get much of an opportunity to blog... but seeing that my name is on the address of this blog... I SHALL now blog like the best of them! This blog of all blogs...I will have you know is not about my firstborn; though she is the cutest beam of light in my life and I love how she crawls for a few then sits up to take a break, laughs at my jokes, grunts like grandpa Brown, and daily taste tests all her toys and...

I could go on and on but this blog is going to be a BLAG (blog+brag) about my amazing best friend and wifey. The scriptures are just for fun.

Gen. 2: 18, 20 "And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."
Let me tell you a little story about how awesome my wife is. I woke up on Saturday to my wife's demands to get up because we were going to be late. I was very confused because this is not the usual order of waking in our house. To my surprise Lauren had the day planned and everything ready to go. In the car she handed me a blind fold and we three drove off to the unknown. I was thinking a hike to explore Mt. Timpanogos caves and Norah was probably thinking that we were going to Toys R US to taste test some toys but unbeknown to us Lauren had the whole day planned out. Our first stop was this little airport where I was shocked with excitement when she told me to take off the blindfold because I was going to fly a plane and have my first flight instruction. My reaction, "NO WAY! ARE YOU SERIOUS! HOW MUCH IS THIS GOING TO COST?" To which she informed me that my awesome mum-in-law and Grandma Pat helped out.

Jer. 48: 40 "For thus saith the Lord; Behold, he shall fly as an eagle, and shall spread his wings over Moab."
The flight was AWESOME. The flight instructor asked me if i wanted to fly over the Great Salt Lake, the copper mines or over Sandy; not Moab... that's my next flight. To which I replied all sound great but I think I would rather do touch and goes (take off and landing). So I got to take off and land a bunch of times and it was easy! The instructor asked me if I had done it before. "Nope, just always wanted to fly." I don't consider myself a thrill seeker... anymore... and I wouldn't usually consider a Cessna Sky Hawk flight thrill seeking. JUST KIDDING IT WAS AWESOME!!! Thanks Love, Jill, and Grandma!


Alma 30: 44 "The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."
Just when I thought the day couldn't get better Love tells me to take off the blindfold when as we ascended up the beautifulness of Big Cottonwood Canyon. It was here that Lauren gave me a gift that she didn't even know about when she admitted that the mountains in Utah were beautiful and green. The pictures above and below was from our second surprise. A hike up to donut falls. A perfect day for a hike and it was beautiful! (and so is my wife). Hiking is our family hobby. We love being out amongst God's creations. Norah loves hikes but got a little fussy; probably because we wouldn't let her taste any of the leaves or the pine needles along the path.

Last but not least I was blindfolded again and we went to Taste of Thai (to be read with broken english). But the sweet thing about this surprise is that as we walked up to the restaurant I noticed a familiar face sitting at the table. I was probably a little too loud as I ran into the restaurant to give him a big hug. I haven't seen Kevin Kite for 10 years. We talked all through the meal about the goofy things we did as teenagers and that brotha-from-another-motha slipped out before we pulled out the camera. We didn't take a picture at my brother Aaron's house were we finished off the day with a little dip in the pool. Ahhh that was nice. Thanks Aaron and Shannon. So now you see why that was the most amazing birthday celebration ever!.

Alma 26:8, 11, "I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever."

I thank the Lord that you are my wife and best friend for eternity.
Love, thanks for the most amazing birthday ever!!!
You are the best mother and the bestest wifey.

2 comments:

  1. How cute!! Way to go Lauren, that sounds like a way fun birthday! Happy Birthday Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your awesome Lauren, way to go!!!!-VIv

    ReplyDelete