Sunday

Labor Day and Other News

This is only a week late but I thought I'd share. On Labor Day we wanted to do something out of the ordinary since it was a holiday (don't you just hate when your day off or holiday is just like every other day? Well, maybe not but I do). We were invited by Joe's parents and decided to attend our first sheepdog competition in Midway, UT. It was amazing - I have never seen anything like it. The intelligence, obedience and loyalty of those dogs are incredible.

Speaking of loyal dogs, last Sunday Joe had a dog follow him home from the park. She was a medium sized black lab and for some odd reason she chose to adopt us as her family. She would sleep at our doorstep at night, hang out in our backyard during the day, and follow Norah and I to and from the park every morning. She even brought a newspaper to our porch one morning. Joe tried to drop her off at the park, hoping she would return home. He then drove home and to our surprise the dog had run all the way back to our house. She was a great dog, so obedient and loving. She had a collar and was obviously well kept but had no tags. We ended up taking her to the animal shelter. For a moment we were a little disappointed, because she was such a good dog, but there is no way will have two dogs!!

In other news, I have been extremely busy keeping up with the 6 online credits I'm taking this semester as well as keep my life and family in balance. Norah is growing like a weed, growing and learning so fast. She signs about 8 words and says about 5 that we can actually recognize. She tries to repeat almost everything we say and do and I think it's adorable. It's hard to believe she will be 1 in 9 days!

Anyway, back to Labor Day. Later on that day we decided to walk around the mall since we never really go to the mall. Norah loved it. I think she was in her element. Here she is:

1 comment:

  1. norah looks so cute! that is exactly what kapria wants to do - push the stroller everywhere.

    good luck with your classes. school is so good but so hard! I can't imagine doing it with kids at home. if you need any help, or someone to watch norah for a bit, let us know.

    ReplyDelete