Friday

The Bees and Hogle Zoo

On Monday we went to a Salt Lake Bees game. Joe's company was kind enough to provide a picnic dinner and tickets to the game. It was our first baseball game and we liked it. Definitely not the most action-packed sport to watch but it kept our attention. Norah couldn't care less about the game because she had her eye on the BEE. Yes, the mascot. As soon as she spotted him she tensed up (see explanation in post below) and pointed and grunted. Her dream came true when she got to sit right next to him. She was a bit bashful and I think she was left speechless when she was finally face-to-face with him.
On Tuesday Norah and I went to the Hogle Zoo with my sister-in-law, Shannon. Norah of course loved it. It was fun but I think it will be even more fun next year when she's almost 2! Her most favorite thing at the zoo was a huge fan that sprayed water. She kept pointing me back to it. Her hair looked pretty funny when I finally got her away from it.

On Wednesday Joe went on a daddy-daughter date with his niece Emily (shown in the middle above). Emily's dad (Joe's brother Aaron) is in India right now with his two oldest children picking up his parents from their mission. Joe was flattered when Em wanted to take him to the date. It was very cute and I'm sad I didn't take a picture of the two of them. We are very excited to welcome home Grandpa and Grandma Brown in ten days! It will be the first time Norah will have met them! They have spent the last 3 1/2 out of 5 years in India and we are looking forward to hearing all their stories.

2 comments:

  1. Aww the Hogle Zoo is where Jer took me on our 1st anniversary! I was 5 months pregnant at the time. Good memories. Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I loved reading a bit on your blog - and I think Joe's post about the birthday you gave him was awesome. I wish I would have done more for Trav's 30th.

    Thanks for a fun night. We're so glad you guys moved into the ward!

    ReplyDelete