Friday

Norah's Birth Story (from Lauren's perspective)

Let me first just say that it was an amazing experience. I had a Dr's appointment Monday afternoon for my 37 week checkup. Surprise! I was 7 cm dilated. As the doctor was checking me he said, "You're going to have this baby today." We thought he was kidding (he's a joker) but then he told us I was 7 cm dilated. My response? "That's like three away from ten!" Clever, aren't I? He didn't feel comfortable sending us home (we live 30 min from the hospital I delivered at) so he called the hospital and let them know we were on our way. After he checked me my contractions started coming about 2-3 minutes apart but honestly I was pretty comfortable. They checked me in at the hospital at about 5pm. I got an epidural at 6 and my water broke at 6:30. I started pushing at 7:40 and Norah was born at 7:57. It all happened so fast, I hardly had time to think about it! It was really so surreal, "Did I really just do that? Did that really happen?" I cried like a baby when she was born and pretty much for the next 15 minutes. It was an awesome feeling to see her and hear her cry. It was humbling and empowering all at the same time. Now every time I look at her I want to cry. I feel so blessed and overwhelmed with love for my little peanut. So here we are, a little family! I attached the pictures you've all been waiting for.

These next two were taken right after I checked in at the hospital, three hours before she was born!:



Norah and I soon after she was born:



Norah and Daddy. Joe is the best father, I am so lucky to have him by my side:



Our little swollen monkey:






12 comments:

  1. Congratulations you guys! She's beautiful! I'm so happy for you. How's big brother Owen holding up with all the baby excitement??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful and beautiful she is! I was excited to read how she came too, what a great story! I hope you guys are doing well, it seems like you are loving being parents and we bet you guys are great ones too! The pictures are so sweet! Congratulations! We only wish you were here still so we could have seen her and brought you ice cream at the hospital. Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lauren thats so awesome how fast it went for you!!! I cant get over that you only pushed for like what 17 min. I guess im just really unlucky. I serious pushed for like an hour or more. And i felt everything...that dang epidural only lasted an hour cause he didnt get the drip hooked up right in the back. I would not wish that kind of pain on anyone. lol I admitted in the hospital 8 pm and didnt have her to the next day around 5 pm. haha Your so lucky. Well, I'm so glad she is healthy and your both doing well. She is such a doll!!!! I told joe i have some stuff for you. Maybe on sunday i can give it to your mom and she can give it to you. Send you guys my love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the addition!! Ashley hasn't had our baby yet, but we're looking forward to it. Your delivery story has given us hope that not all babies take forever to come down the pipe. We've been ooing and aahing over the pictures. She is adorable!! And so is your family of four (Owen, obviously included). -Scott and Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible moment! What a fun surprise to have her come so soon! You are so blessed to have such a wonderful labor. Congratulations to Norah for having amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story sounds a lot like mine, quick and painless (ha!) Congrats you guys! She is so precious! Isn't it just the best?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that in a way is pretty awesome! CONGRATS!!! She is so, so beautiful! Isn't it the best?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah Congrats!! She is beautiful!! That is such a funny story, I have never ever heard of anyone having their baby that fast. You are lucky!!! She is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so precious! I'm so happy for you guys. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! That what a beautiful miracle. Welcome to the marvelous adventure of parenthood. I cried too when I read Norah's birth story. She is lucky to have such loving parents. The photos are great but oh how we wish we could be there and kiss the little peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATS!!!! That is such a special time! It kind of puts the plan of Happiness into a different perspective doesn't it! Enjoy every minute of it! You guys will be great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is Precious!!! I love all the little pictures!!! Baby girls are so much fun!!! You are going to love being a mom more than anything!!! They grow up fast though!! congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete