Tuesday

The Big Apple

You know, I've lived fairly close to New York City almost my entire life and not once did I wonder why it's called "the big apple," until now. I looked it up but it still doesn't make any sense to me. Anyway, for the past week Joe has been working in Manhattan at a PR firm called Coltrin & Associates. He loves it. This past Friday I hopped on the train and met up with him for a date in the city. We went to dinner and did some street-side shopping. We also rode in a rick-shaw type shin-dig (basically a dude pulling us on his bike) because I really didn't feel up to walking ten blocks. Scariest 4 minutes of my life! Sorry about the horrible quality of the picture. We got a new camera recently and are still trying to figure it out. In other news, I'm still pregnant. Not a surprise, but I'm getting really REALLY ready to be done! Now I totally understand why women say the second trimester is the best. I am so uncomfortable all the time! But hey, it could be worse, I could be walking across the country with the pioneers (as Joe likes to tell me).

Random video of our nephew Zach at Christmastime:

3 comments:

  1. aww you two look so cute. looking at this picture makes me miss New York so much. Sounds like you are doing really well. How does Joe like working in Manhattan? Does he have to drive a long way to get to work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Lucky! I've always wanted to go to New York! And Joe works in Manhattan??? Wow! Maybe I can go to New York and stay with you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that baby is going to coming around that corner so fast! I didn't know you guys moved....so you are out in our neck of the woods. One day we should plan a trip to see eachother! Tell joe congrats on the job!! Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete