Thursday

A Tender Moment

i thought i'd get on here and post a little personal experience since most of my posts have been not so personal and i really do think of blogs as journals (my excuse for not writing in one). yesterday was not a particularly hard day - just typical. nauseous, tired, millions of things i should be doing but rather lay on the couch, you know, the typical pregnancy stuff (yes i am a sick and pathetic mom!). just after i taped an orange peel over my nose while changing a poopie diaper, my hormones took over and i just burst into tears. i really could not think of one reason i could be crying other than it has been a long time since i've cried. anyway, norah immediately brought her blankie over to me, crawled up onto my lap and repeatedly signed "i love you" while giving me hugs and kisses. it was so sweet. of course, it made me cry even more thinking about how sensitive and pure her spirit is. she amazes me everyday with her little personality and the things she understands and learns. she really is amazing. i imagine that the rest of my life will be filled with tender moments like these with my children.

i love my life.

3 comments:

  1. Lauren...now your making me cry! I can just see her, I really miss you guys so-o much love you, grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the moments when our kids make it all better. They are the moments that sustain me when I get phone calls that my child has either cut her hair at school or my son has had a third accident at school and needs yet another change of clothes. All I need to hear is mommy, I love you and I feel like okay, I can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently, I'm hormonal as well (even though I AM NOT pregnant) because that sweet story, put tears in my eyes! You have such a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete