Monday

John and Emily Jones Memorial Auction

We spent Thanksgiving in Vegas. It was fun and relaxing. While we were there, I learned the sad story of John and Emily Jones. John (a medical student at the University of Virginia) was exploring The Nutty Putty caves near Spanish Fork, UT during his Thanksgiving vacation when he got stuck in a 10"x14" space. Rescuers worked for 28 hours to remove him but could not and he passed away. He left behind his wife, Emily, their 14-month-old daughter and a baby on the way (due in June). My heart sank when I read the story here. Maybe it's because I have a daughter around that age and am also expecting around that time. Maybe it's because I lost my father at a young age and know the impact it has made and continues to make in my life. Either way, I hardly slept that night, mourning for the Jones family and especially Emily and her children. I have tried to find some way to help, knowing that I am not in a position to donate money to the fund at this time, I thankfully found this blog who is putting on an auction for the John Jones Memorial Fund. I am glad I that I am able to donate some of my talents to this auction. Head on over and find some great Christmas gifts or donate your own items (deadline is midnight tonight to do so).
I am grateful for the blessings in my life and especially for the knowledge that we can be families forever (more on that here).
I am now spending a lot more time thinking about this.

1 comment:

  1. man I know! I couldn't stop thinking about this guy and his family for days. I wanna check out this auction.

    ReplyDelete