Wednesday

I FOUND A CANNOLI!

Last night we had a meeting with the Director of Acaydia School of Aesthetics. I love the school, I love the people, I love what they do, and I REALLY want to do it! Go here to learn more about it. The school is located in downtown Provo right in the center of the business district. I love it because that length of one block reminds me of a small scale NYC. The spa is one that you would see in an upscale neighborhood. The school is across the street from the spa in order to keep the spa a professional setting. Anyways, on our walk over from the school to the spa, I spotted a restaurant called "Mangia Mangia" ("Eat, Eat") with Little Italy written under it. I said to Joe, "If this place doesn't have cannolis they need to remove that little Italy sign." So in I went. I asked one of the four ladies at the front desk if they made cannolis. They all looked at me with blank stares and then a server came up behind them and said, "We sure do! Follow me." At this moment I'm thinking I'm in heaven. I truly believe they are THE only place in Utah that has cannolis (if you know of another place, please let me know)! So I walked over to the dessert bar (where they also sell fresh gelato, yum) and lay my eyes on the shells. The girl at the dessert bar proceeds to tell me that they fill the cannolis with ricotta, blah blah blah. I know this!! I was impressed, it was good. The best part: they fill the shell ALL the way through. Places out east are known to leave an empty middle. Bottom line: if I end up going to Acaydia, I may be getting a cannoli every night. And here is the evidence:

3 comments:

  1. so last friday mom, kay and I went to little italy over in p'burg and we got cannolis. and i told mom the last time i had one of these was with lauren when we were adult leaders at girls camp and bishop geissinger picked them up just for us. hmmmmm so good!!!! i miss you guys. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up in UT and CA, I had never even heard of a cannoli until I moved to New Jersey. Yum--how fun to find them in Utah.

    ReplyDelete