Tuesday

Letter A–Summer Mode

We are officially in summer mode which means we will put a pause on our letter-of-the-week stuff (we’ll pick it back up again in the fall) and just do some fun themes and other activities.  We did do a little bit of letter A review but mostly just had fun..

DSCF6265

Since “A is for Astronaut,” I put together this fun sensory bin filled with our Moon Sand, this toob, rocks, glow-in-the-dark stars, and beads.

DSCF6296

We read this awesome book to go along with it!

DSCF6394

I switched out her rice box and filled it with Aa’s and anything I could find that started with A.

DSCF6398

She got creative and used brother’s Potsy toy to transfer the rice into..

DSCF6401

And then served me some “letter A soup.”

DSCF6320

I hid some jewels inside her Play-Doh for her to find (she picked black and white this time). 

DSCF6322

Then she balanced the jewels on a craft stick with stickers on it.  This was more challenging than I thought it would be!

DSCF6329

She rolled the Play-Doh into a snake and then I gave her her scissors to practice cutting with.  Love this activity!

DSCF6332

She thought it was cute that she made a bunch of “people.”  She’s pointing to the baby, of course.

DSCF6335

Then she wanted to do the same with the black Play-Doh.  You better believe we talked about skin tones ; )

DSCF6341

I put a small paper clip on each of her vocabulary words and she used her fishing pole to fish them up!  She loved this.

DSCF6340

She watched letter Aa on Starfall.

DSCF6346

We painted on watercolor paper using colored ice cubes!  Fun!

DSCF6350

DSCF6360

I put our foam letters (A-M) in a bug catcher (from Target dollar spot a while ago).  She had to close her eyes (she loves this), pick one out, tell me what it is, practice the sound it makes, and then find the corresponding flash card laid out on the ground.  She had lots of fun with this game!

DSCF6356

DSCF6363

All matched up!

DSCF6368

I got these cute little ring toss games at the Target dollar spot recently (I may have bought one in almost every color). 

DSCF6369

DSCF6387

I was saving this puzzle for a unit on the body, but a babysitter came over and found it.  She has not stopped asking for it.  She LOVES it.

DSCF6403

We did some tracing..

DSCF6404

Using our Kumon Workbook (inside a sheet protector).

DSCF6405

She did really well with this.

DSCF6407

And diligently erased her work when she was done!

DSCF6408

I found these plastic nuts and bolts at the Target dollar spot recently (love that place).

DSCF6409

She struggled with these a bit, good fine motor practice!

DSCF6410

I tried to get her to lace these ABCs..

DSCF6412

But she preferred to line them up instead : )

 

2 comments:

  1. I was just wondering if you could please move to Colorado so I could send Kaden to your house every day. You are so clever and one of these days I'm going to start stealing all of your ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a fun, cool mom. --Viv

    ReplyDelete