Friday

Big Girl!

At Norah's two-month check up about two weeks ago she weighed 12 pounds and was 23.5 inches long. She is growing so fast! She is all smiles now and it's getting really fun. When she smiles at you she'll bat her eyelashes and sometimes nuzzle her head in my shoulder like she's shy. It's pretty cute! One thing is true about parenting; just when you think you understand the babe, it all changes!! Norah was sleeping so well. Then we stayed out late with her two nights in a row and ever since has been throwing us for a loop (whatever that means). She's been waking up almost 5 times a night these days. I'm ready for a good night's rest but I refuse to let her "cry-it-out." I never thought I'd be such a wuss but I just can't do it. It just breaks my heart to see her scream and get so upset. SOo today we took out the book "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" from the library. I'll let you know how it goes! Wish us luck.



7 comments:

  1. Good luck :o) I really hope that works better for you than it did me. I tried to get my kids to sleep without crying but in the end that is all that worked. Let me know if it does and how you did it for future refrence?
    By the way she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He doesn't sleep through the night yet. When he was 3 months, he slept through the night and it was so great. All of sudden it's changed and he wakes up about 2 or 3 times, just depending. I want to recommend a book called "Healthy sleep habits, Happy child". This book has helped me soo much with Enoch and his sleeping. He still wakes up during the night but thats just how it's going to be for a little.
    What really worked for me is just letting him cry. It's not that your being a bad parent. Read that book and it explains a lot about that.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...she's absolutely adorable! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving -- and that you catch up on your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just bought this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0449004023/ref=s9subs_c3_14_img1-rfc_p-frt_g1-3237_p_si7?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_r=0VQFE26QWV489H4Y78FY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463383451&pf_rd_i=507846 It was recommended by a good friend of ours who is a pediatrician. So far its pretty good. Its a little more "scientific" than other books I've read, in that the author uses results from child sleep studies to show what works. I like it so far. The nice thing is that it doesn't just cover kids during one period of their lives...it literally is for parents of kids from birth until their like 18. good luck, her smile is super cute. See you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woops, I guess hot links don't work. Here's the title: Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. The author is Marc Weissbluth. You can buy it for like $2.00 used on amazon.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww...i forget what its like sleeping through the night too. ever since we went on vacation to idaho/ utah this summer she hasnt slept through the night...we'll maybe once or twice. i would normally let her cry herself back to sleep but she is in the same room. im with you on not letting her cry herself to sleep, me personally i think 2months is to young to do that to. babies will be babies, they change and need different things at different times. i know its hard waking up in the middle of the night i was at the point when i just wanted to give up but when you look at that precious baby you just cant. lol im sure things will work out, by the way she is just getting cuter and cuter each day. when do i get to see you guys. you need to call me and make plans. you have my number right?? call me anytime after 6.

    ReplyDelete